Funny thing about Haze

Topics about CryTek UK and about the other games which were released by Free Radical Design.

Funny thing about Haze

Postby Gretel Mk Monkey » Tue 31. Jul 2012, 20:47

I think we all know Haze is generally hated by players.

But the funny thing? It's still active every day. Sure it doesn't have million players playing it but it still manages to beat the population of far younger but highly liked games like Section 8 Prejudice. (The PS3 and PC versions of that game are almost dead. Xbox 360 had a special deal some time ago, so I think it's a little bit unfair to compare Haze to it)

Aren't the communities and populations sometimes just weird? Sure it's about opinions but it's a bit weird sight for generally hated game to beat a game loved by the players in population. Especially since Haze has even worse things to abuse (And which most likely are still abused from time to time) :lol:
Meow mau meowcatty mau.
Gretel Mk Monkey

Re: Funny thing about Haze

Postby Artur » Fri 29. Mar 2013, 16:57

I just hear everywhere that haze is bad, but I never had the change to test it myself to see how badly nor not badly it is. Blame my non-existing PS3.

Perhaps I wouldn't say general hated, it just didn't got a chance. It was rated badly from many different magazines and sites. But it seems, that it's not that of a bad game to play.
Artur
Administrator

Re: Funny thing about Haze

Postby Gretel Mk Monkey » Sun 28. Jul 2013, 19:32

Haze feels like a game, which looks and feels bad but it doesn't play like a bad game. The controls and gameplay are fine, it's just that the level design, story, AI and some others stuff are bad. It's fun to play.

It's disappointing that the servers were shut down.
Meow mau meowcatty mau.
Gretel Mk Monkey

Return to CryTek UK (former Free Radical Design)