Last games you bought

All the other games outside - yeah, they do exist - can be discussed here.

Last games you bought

Postby Artur » Tue 31. Jul 2012, 18:12

Why not start a topic about that?

My last games I bought were:

- Final Fantasy X-2,
- Final Fantasy XII,
- Devil Kings
- and Okami.
Artur
Administrator

Re: Last games you bought

Postby Gretel Mk Monkey » Tue 31. Jul 2012, 18:36

Deadly Premonition
- The gameplay itself is absolutely terrible. The controls are bad, its a piece of cake and so on. But the story and the characters are so good I just keep playing it.

Akai Katana
- A bullet hell shooter. It's slightly disappointing after having played Death Smiles, because it's far more generic and doesn't have as good soundtrack. It's still good. Plus it's easier to advance without using continues since it has a Phantom mode, which you can use to avoid being killed with a single hit. It's also important part of getting a high score, which keeps the game interesting.

Crysis Warhead
- I haven't touched the multiplayer part, but singleplayer is quite good. It also fixes the annoying super visor the enemies have. Now you can actually hide to grass without being detected. Amazing! Revolutionary!

Other games I'm yet to play are Kohan and its expansion, Kohan 2 and Company of Heroes with one of its expansions.
Meow mau meowcatty mau.
Gretel Mk Monkey

Postby Artur » Tue 31. Jul 2012, 18:41

I might do the same for the games I bought, Gmm.

Devil Kings
I already played that earlier, but could never finish it, because it was just rent from a game store. It's really funny and kinda a Dynasty Warriors clone.

Okami
Played that game some time ago too, but also couldn't finish it. I tested that one at a friends home. It's quite a nice game and has a great graphic style.
Artur
Administrator

Postby Gretel Mk Monkey » Mon 6. Aug 2012, 13:07

Project Zero 2 Wii Edition
- I have only played until the first ghost encounter and a little farther after that in the story. So far I like the new design of the gameplay. Only thing I don't like about it is how slowly the character turns. Plus now the "running" feels even slower, but it doesn't really matter. It seems to miss potential from its new gameplay however. Since you can now look objects and such, it would have made sense to use it to scare player. For example, taking a look at a mirror would have shown a (false) ghost crawling towards you when there's actually nothing behind you.

The new haunted house mode feels like a good addition too. In there you have three modes. In one you just need to stay calm by holding A button and don't get afraid of things (Indicated by moving nunchuck or wiimote). In another you also need to take a photo of a specific ghost. Those two would be even better, if it were about more than just weird noise and ghosts charging at you. In the third mode you need to collect dolls and avoid a ghost. I haven't played that mode yet, but it sounds good. Plus according to the game the levels always change, which adds more replayability. The mode uses locations of the story.

I like the graphics a lot. It really is kind of difficult to tell, if it's a Wii or Xbox 360 game, unless there are bushes or something similiar to reveal the answer. The enviroment is also a lot easier to observe since it seems to be less darker. It seems like the text has been modified too from a quick look at the same scenes I had played when compared to Xbox/PS2 version. Those seem to be just small modifications though.

edit: There actually is a quick turn. It takes slightly longer to do though than in other games, which have that option.

While I like the graphics, I still prefer a lot more of the not-so-natural looking ghosts of PZ1. Those are in my opinion scarier since they can't be seen as clearly as the natural looking ghosts. Plus those miss body parts most of the time. The game does still have that scary atmosphere though.
Meow mau meowcatty mau.
Gretel Mk Monkey

Postby Artur » Sun 20. Jan 2013, 18:42

Gretel Mk Monkey wrote:Project Zero 2 Wii Edition

Well, count me in on that one. I got that too (even if I don't have a Wii console yet).

Edit:

I tested that game and it looks nice. The new additions to the game kinda made that game even better.
Artur
Administrator

Postby Gretel Mk Monkey » Sun 20. Jan 2013, 19:50

Artur wrote:
Gretel Mk Monkey wrote:Project Zero 2 Wii Edition

Well, count me in on that one. I got that too (even if I don't have a Wii console yet).

Edit:

I tested that game and it looks nice. The new additions to the game kinda made that game even better.

I otherwise liked the additions but shaking Wiimote in order to break away from a ghost makes the game too easy in my opinion. If you start shaking enough early, the ghost's attack barely deals any damage.

And from a look at the PZ wiki, the notes have been modified a lot more than I thought. The re-written versions fit more to the atmosphere.
Meow mau meowcatty mau.
Gretel Mk Monkey

Postby Artur » Sun 20. Jan 2013, 20:12

Gretel Mk Monkey wrote:I otherwise liked the additions but shaking Wiimote in order to break away from a ghost makes the game too easy in my opinion.

Well, the game works that way even in the original version. If you pressed a certain button (don't know which one it was), you could free yourself without taking to much damage. Or even block the ghost from attacking you in the last second.

What do you mean by rewritten? I hope they fixed that broken German of the original version. Some lines in the game were too hilarious. "Woman behind door" sounds okay in English, but a direct translation into "Frau hinter Tür" sounds pretty broken.
Artur
Administrator

Postby Gretel Mk Monkey » Sun 20. Jan 2013, 20:38

With rewritten I meant that the notes tell the same things in different way compared to the original. Some of the notes are now slightly more poetric too and add small details.
Meow mau meowcatty mau.
Gretel Mk Monkey

Postby Artur » Sun 20. Jan 2013, 21:40

Do you actually have the original Project Zero 2 to know all that stuff?

Btw. I might get Resident Evil 6 as soon as it's cheap enough (something like 20 € is okay).
Artur
Administrator

Postby Gretel Mk Monkey » Mon 21. Jan 2013, 15:48

Artur wrote:Do you actually have the original Project Zero 2 to know all that stuff?

Nah, after I had completed PZ2 I have sometimes travelled through a PZ wiki called "cameralens" where I have read things about the ghosts and diaries from that game.

I have tried the demo of Resident Evil 6. I don't remember anything else than running around kicking zombies and giving a weird thumbs up thing to the AI partner. :lol:
Meow mau meowcatty mau.
Gretel Mk Monkey

Next

Return to Games