Story Levels are hard

The second and most loved game of the series.

Story Levels are hard

Postby Artur » Fri 3. Aug 2012, 10:18

The story played on the hard mode is the hardest story in all of the games right now. Which was your level you currently fail to get through.

Even through I finished the game in multiplayer I still can't beat Notre Dame on hard. I made it several times to the top, but as soon as I open the door, I get killed instantly.
Artur
Administrator

Re: Story Levels are hard

Postby Gretel Mk Monkey » Fri 3. Aug 2012, 10:50

Yeah, the levels are annoying. It annoys a little that run 'n gun tactic isin't possible almost at all. Makes some of the levels annoying since you need to spend forever and advance in baby steps.

Currently I'm stuck in Wild West. The level feels more like trial and error than actual level. Action based level mixed with headshots taking 50% of your health isin't fun >_<
Meow mau meowcatty mau.
Gretel Mk Monkey

Postby Artur » Sat 4. Aug 2012, 19:22

I feel, that the game tuns into a stealth-shooter if you go into the hard mode. You don't have any frantic gun fights just sitting in a corner and shoot at others. Well I guess Planet X works better for running through.
Artur
Administrator

Postby Gretel Mk Monkey » Sat 4. Aug 2012, 19:43

I think the difficulty is more towards stealth too. They should have put a lot more thought about upping the difficulty that way in action based levels though. It's just not fun to be almost forced to restart the level just because someone got a headshot instantly when they see you.
Meow mau meowcatty mau.
Gretel Mk Monkey

Postby Artur » Sat 4. Aug 2012, 19:49

Or if you haven't much life left to actually finish the level and you know that - that happens often. So you are forced yet again to restart and do everything from the start.
Artur
Administrator

Postby Force Ten » Wed 8. Aug 2012, 19:05

As frustrating as Hard mode is on this game, I like the challenge.

I got up to Atomsmasher on single player but then that's when my save file disappeared. Since then two friends of mine and I started story co-op, and we've gotten up to Robot Factory. I don't really have the patience to do Story by myself again right now, though. And the levels do feel a little more stealthy on Hard mode, but it ain't too bad.
Force Ten

Postby Artur » Sun 12. Aug 2012, 19:10

Yeah, they are nice on hard - I didn't said they wouldn't :P. But some parts of different levels are just too hard sometimes. Otherwise some levels like Neo Toyko are just nice to stealth on.
Artur
Administrator

Return to TimeSplitters 2